Below are changes you can make to the Outlook desktop application to make it look more like Gmail’s webmail if that is your preference.
You can turn off the preview Reading Pane and adjust how “mark as read” is applied. You can also enable how messages are organized by showing them as “conversations.”
1. Click “View”
2. Open the Reading Pane option and click “Off”
3. To disable automated “Mark as Read,” click “Options.”
4. In the Reading Pane window, adjust options to not Mark Items as read.
5. To view messages as conversations, click the “Show Conversations” Box in the View Tab
6. Then configure “conversation settings” in the manner that best suits you.
At Slingshot, we are available to help you configure your Microsoft Applications to look and work in the best way for you.